Amazingly, despite our trip ending two years ago now, we still see a trickle of new folks who stumble on our forgotten little blog. Welcome! Since our navigation system isn’t the best, here’s a quick link to the first post for those who want to start at the beginning:
For the quickest of updates, here’s where we are now:
- Harmony landed her dream job organizing local communities to collaboratively decide on their water futures.
- I’m nearing the end of a Masters program in Marine Resource Management where I’ve been looking into the human side of marine renewable energy (offshore wind, wave, and tidal), as well as learning all kinds of stuff about that ocean that I wish I’d known while we were actually out at sea.
- We lived in the trailer for the first year of grad school, then decided we’d had enough of tight living quarters for a while. We bought a house a year ago, and we’re still in shock that the loan officer didn’t laugh us out of the bank when we walked in.
- Harmony finally has that garden she’d have fever dreams about when we were bobbing in the hot sun waiting for wind off the coast of Mexico, and I’ve got all kinds of new broken things to fix.
- We’ve taken Puffin to several spots in Oregon, and even into Puget Sound over New Years. It’s a far cry from tropical sailing, but the wonder never ceases.
- We’re saving up for the next sailing adventure someday and dreaming of all the places we’ll go the second time around. The ‘when’ part is TBD.
- I’m back to making bulleted lists for everything. Sigh. It’s good to be home.